I, the undersigned, pledge to uphold the values of the Institute and to conduct myself in my professional and private capacity in a manner, that is a credit to both the Institute as well as the profession of local government management as a whole. In doing this l shall:
be committed to:
- Uphold the Republic's and the Institute's Constitution and all other legislation.
- Efficient, effective and democratic local governance, believing in the worth of local government and a sense of community responsibility.
- A belief that local governments exist to serve the best interests of their communities.
- Ensure that the roles of elected representatives and officials do not overlap.
- The separate but complimentary roles of elected representatives and management.
- A high standard of professionalism.
uphold the following personal values:
- Honesty, Propriety and integrity.
- Objectivity, Independence and Impartiality.
- Respect for Privacy.
- Competence and Duty of Care.
conform to the following:
- Act in the best interest of the public, fellow members of the Institute, employers and colleagues.
- Promote local government as a respected and reputable profession.
- Demonstrate professional competence and management skill.
- Desist from any fraudulent and/or dishonourable practice and not to consider or accept any covert reward of profit.
- Observe a strict professional detachment from electioneering or partisan political activity associated directly or indirectly with local government.